Thursday 31 March 2011

Scooby Doo: Day Three

The first thing I did on Wednesday was head to the LRC to update the blog (see Scooby Doo: Day Two), and no matter how many times I go there people still look confused to see me.

I soon found out that I didn't have my Creative Writing lecture that day (lucky for the lecturer) and instead I met with my group and we went over our pieces.

Afterwards I headed to Galleria, a shopping mall in Hatfield...


While I was there I experienced a new reaction. For the first time since I put this costume on, I was hated - by a toddler. I quote "I hate Scooby Doo", it hurt, and then it was accompanied by a secondary school kid in McDonalds shaking his head at me disapprovingly - ouch!

After shopping we went to the Fame office as we heard that next door there was a focus group for students that involved free pizza and wine (wow I'm getting dictated by my stomach like Scooby!).







After a lengthy discussion about student scholarships it was time to get ready for the night ahead: Bonk! feat. Ms Dynamite @ The Forum Hertfordshire.

It was the kickboxing social and Davut Unsal's birthday celebrations so we decided to pre-drink at the Elehouse, a bar next to the Forum.


Once inside, I was told that Ms Dynamite had agreed to conduct an interview for Crush Radio. I had tweeted her beforehand warning her that I'd be dressed as Scooby Doo, but wasn't sure she would have seen it. Yet, the first thing she said when she saw me was "didn't you tweet me!?". I realised that you're a lot more memorable when you're dressed ridiculously and after a brilliant interview conducted by Lynette Moore I headed to the crowd to watch Ms Dynamite perform!





During her performance she stopped to take pictures of the crowd, said she'd put them on Twitter and asked "who knows about Twitter?"... looking around the crowd she shouted for all to hear "I know Scooby does!" - puppy love!




Can you spot me?

Clubbing in a full Scooby-suit is not the best thing for your health but after meeting the garage legend herself and getting the oppotunity to teach people the "Scooby Skank", it was definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment