Sunday 13 March 2011

How Aggro Santos, Kiss Radio and my desire to network lead to a Twitter account...

As I have already told you I organise the interviews at The Forum. This means any guests that come to the club, I can usually meet (if they are accomodating!).

I only got this role properly at the begining of 2011 and one of the first people I met was Aggro Santos!
He was a really nice guy to be honest. He said yes to two interviews when previous guests have said no to any! On top of that he didn't rush them and was really talkative.

But how does this tie-in with Twitter?

Well, I used to always disregard Twitter, I thought it was only worth getting if you were a celebrity and used to always say "I'll make an account when I'm famous". I recently changed my mind.

After the interviews with Chloe and Omnia (from Let's Talk on Crush Underground) and Whitney an alumini of UH, he said to us "tweet me and I'll tweet back". This seemed irrelevant to me at first, but a couple of weeks down the line after meeting a few other guests I figured something out...

Twitter is the only way to keep in contact with those that are famous.

However this wasn't the sole reason I activated another social networking account (celebrities are on Facebook too)...

The Kiss Chosen One competition: for those who want to become a Kiss radio presenter, and the main reason I got Twitter. Naturally I entered the competition and that was how I became so interested in it, but sadly I didn't give the auditions my all (I didn't leave and think "Smashed It!" like Fidel Shelly - Final 10 Contestant). However the interest did feed my next journalism assignment, and I decided to interview the Final 10.

Strangely, a good friendship was fostered from this with Miss Maisy James, and soon the Final 5 were announced (this is where my Twitter comes in). She needed support on Twitter and so I had a good reason to activate an account. Although we were both pretty new and rubbish at using the site ("Tweetards") I soon got used to it and now I'm addicted!

It has paid off, as I have received tweets from people like Bashy and individual tweets from each member of The Scarletz (more about this in my next posts).

FOLLOW ME:
@CalumDiLieto
http://twitter.com/#!/CalumDiLieto

Shout out to Emily Harwood for taking my Twit-ginity (minus the random stranger!)

No comments:

Post a Comment